UDDIPAN’s vision is to create an environmentally sound society without poverty, free from exploitation, oppression, injustice and discrimination where children, women and men live with dignity and capable to exercise and enjoy their rights and will have access to opportunities irrespective of cast, creed and colour and participation in the mainstream socio-economic political and cultural processes.
UDDIPAN’s mission is to alleviate poverty and improve quality of life of the disadvantaged poor through providing them employment and income generating activities (IGA); facilitating development of their potentials and skills through capacity building; empowering them to claim their rights and entitlements through awareness raising, motivation, institutional development, advocacy, lobbying and collective social actions.
Ethical Principles & Core Values
- Good Governance practices such as participation of stakeholders in the decision making process, accountability & transparency;.
- Belief and confidence in the creative potentials of the people;
- Proactive and pro-people approach to development;
- Respect for all cultures and faiths;
- Commitment to vision, mission, goal, and objectives of the organization;
- Sincerity, honesty and discipline in perception and work;
- Commitment to attain professional excellence;
- Democratic practices in decision making;
- Promotion of balanced men-women relationship based on mutual trust and respect;
- Team work based on mutual trust and respect, openness, two way feedback and positive thinking;
- Upward and downward accountability;
- Maintenance of pollution free environment in the workplaces;
Operational Strategies and Approaches
Strategic focus of UDDIPAN is to empower the economically and socially excluded, underprivileged and marginalized people, both women and men, through a process of motivation, awareness raising, access to financial resources and training. UDDIPAN takes a holistic view of the development process where the family is at the centre, taking into consideration the needs of all the members–women, men, adolescents, children and the senior citizens. The whole objective is to change the mind-set of its target beneficiaries through a set of integrated programmatic interventions. The beneficiaries are empowered socially to claim their rights and entitlements and stand against social injustices; empowered economically through provision of financial resources to enhance their income; medical care provided to ensure their better health, education is provided to their children to give them a better start in life, and open up opportunities provided to senior citizens to let them live with dignity and mental peace. To that end, UDDIPAN undertakes the following approches:
- Select target beneficiaries, catalyze them to organize, develop self-managed accountable institutions and mobilize their own resources through regular savings.
- Access financial resources—loans on easy terms–from UDDIPAN and undertake income generating activities (IGAs) that are within their management capabilities. Increased loan size is given subject to proper utilization and credit worthiness.
- Provide knowledge and appropriate skills development trainings to enhance target beneficiaries’ competencies so that they can get greater return on their investments and gain sustained income and improve their lives.
- Catalize beneficiaries to individually and collectively stand against any form of exploitation and social injustices, claim their rights and entitlements and gain access to support provided by public and private service-giving institutions.
- Plan and manage community demand driven activities for social, economic, and cultural improvements;
- Motivate the target beneficiaries to send their children to UDDIPAN-operated schools to get enmeshed in the education mainstream.
- Help improve beneficiaries’ physical health through health education and access to public and Uddipan-supported health services.
- Educate and motivate target beneficiaries to stand against any form of gender violence both within their own families and at the community level.
- Assist senior citizens with financial resources and social involvements to make them believe in their abilities as productive members of the society.
- Complement and supplement development efforts of the government to meet the Sustainable Development Goals.